The responsibilities of this position consist of teaching mathematics courses to be determined, but primarily algebra, pre-calculus, and statistics. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities may be required in both traditional and distance education formats.
Assignments will be located at Huron ISD, Bad Axe, MI.
*Postion is posted until filled. Review of applications will begin April 14th.
1. Develops and updates course syllabi.
2. Teaches assigned course content utilizing a variety of presentation methods.
3. Observes and assesses student learning competencies providing timely feedback to students.
4. Schedules office hours for assisting students.
5. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including posting students’ grades and attendance in MidWeb.
6. Communicates student assessment results to department faculty and administrators.
7. Participates in professional development opportunities, particularly to maintain current professional expertise in biology and related subjects.
8. Serves on program related committees.
9. Adheres to departmental objectives, policies, procedures and standards; recommends changes to departmental procedures as necessary to improve the efficacy of the Department.
10. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization’s policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Normal classroom and lab environment with little, if any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Physical demands include light lifting, ability to sit/stand for long periods. Travel for daytime, evening, and weekend classes.