Position involves preparing for and teaching the range of courses in assigned discipline area to achieve course requirement and student success outcomes. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting, learning lab, online, and field experience including internship, CTE or dual enrollment environment.
* MMCC is seeking to fill two assignments at our Harrison Campus location. The first assignment is in the morning. This is a combined load with both H.S. and College students. H.S. students will meet M/T/W/TH from 8:30a.m. – 9:25a.m.. College students will meet, in the same lab, M/W from 8:30a.m. – 10:20a.m. The instructional load for this is 8 contact hours. Additional hours on Friday are also possible.
* The second assignment is a combined college section at our Harrison Campus location. The section combines the Metal Fabrication class and Pipe Welding class. The combined section runs on Tuesday nights from 6:00p.m – 9:30p.m. The instructional load for this is 4 contact hours.
Review of resumes will begin October 16, 2017. Position is open until filled.
1. Teaches assigned classroom courses, including safety and environmental issues.
2. Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
3. Participates in the departmental assessment of student learning outcomes at both the course and program level.
4. Maintains welding lab.
5. Utilizes departmental syllabi.
6. Assesses student academic achievement, providing students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
7. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including attendance and grades.
8. Prepares welding lab for classes (e.g., student stations, tools, equipment, supplies, etc.)
9. Assists faculty with the implementation of competency-based objectives and outcome measures for the WLD program and courses taught. 10. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
10. Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures support for the Teaching Profession Code of Ethics.
11. Maintains and reports appropriate lab records (e.g. inventory, PROE, etc.).
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.