Position involves preparing for and teaching courses in assigned discipline in order to achieve course requirements and student success outcomes. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting, learning lab, online or dual enrollment environment.
Review of resumes will begin November 6, 2017. Position is posted until filled.
1. Teaches assigned classroom courses.
2. Develops and updates syllabi for courses assigned and ensures course content and requirements meet the requirements of college and accreditation agencies.
3. Develops appropriate assessment tools to determine course effectiveness and assures that student outcomes are achieved.
4. Assesses student academic achievement and provides students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
5. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, to include student attendance and grades.
6. Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
7. Maintains regular communication with full-time and adjunct faculty in the assigned departments(s), and the Library and Learning Services area, and Registrar and Retention Services.
8. Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide; serves on college committees as encouraged/assigned.
9. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
10. Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures all communications and practices demonstrate support of the Ethics for Teaching Professionals.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.