Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be familiar with associate degree nursing education concepts and health sciences programs.
- Must be committed to the enrichment of the Nursing program and student outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Competent in computer skills.
- Able to incorporate technology into the Nursing Program environment.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- MSN required (or completion of MSN within six months of hire).
- Currently licensed or eligible for licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of two years of experience in nursing practice.
- Teaching or mentoring experience preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office/classroom environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has little, if any discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is light noise within the environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent atmosphere without close direct supervision.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Typical work schedule is 8:00am – 4:30pm with flexible or extended hours as needed by department demands.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.