Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with faculty, administrators and students.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team, independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to listen and resolve complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume fast paced environment with accuracy.
- Computer skills and previous work experience using several applications to include word processing, creating and manipulating spreadsheets, posting and navigating websites, data entry, library databases.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Associate’s Degree required.
- Bachelor Degree strongly preferred.
- Degree in Library studies, Office, Clerical or Business related field preferred.
- Library certification preferred.
- Two to four years of successful experience in a library required.
- Cataloging and Collection Development preferred.
- Previous work experience in a community college environment preferred.
- Previous experience working with adult students preferred.
- Electronic research database and technology management systems experience required.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office building environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent and team atmosphere. Continuous collaboration with team and supervisor will occur.
- The job requires minimal physical exertion, such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 25 pounds).
- Minimal discomfort due to heat, dust and noise may occur.
- Work schedule typically is 10:30am – 7:00pm M-TH and 8:00am – 4:30pm on Fri. during the Fall and Winter Semesters. Summer semester is 8:00am – 4:30pm M-F. Work schedules during the full academic year can vary based on student needs.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.