Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and respect for, disadvantaged students.
- Knowledge of college systems and processes including financial aid, transfer, advising, registration, use of administrative software and other critical functions.Excellent presentation skills including both on-site and online formats.
- Familiarity with needs assessment and evaluation procedures and tools.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, and work effectively with multiple constituencies.
- Analytical ability to identify and resolve a variety of issues or challenges in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment, and deal effectively and timely with the concerns of faculty, administrators, employees, and students.
- Written data analysis skills necessary to prepare required reports, analysis, and documentation of outcomes.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree required in education, administration, or a related business or human services field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in higher education, preferably in a community college setting required.
- Experience coordinating one or more programs in complex settings serving diverse populations; previous experience with TRIO programs preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has minimal, if any, discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is minimal noise within the environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent atmosphere without close direct supervision.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Typical work schedule is 8:00am – 4:30pm with flexible or extended hours as needed by department demands.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.