Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with individuals and groups from a wide range of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of financial aid programs, modern records management techniques, including federal, state, and institutional requirements for recording retention and disclosure.
- Skilled in the appropriate use of computer and general office equipment to accomplish job functions.
- Skilled with detail work and ability to work with figures and budgets.
- Knowledge of database, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, or closely related field required.
- Successful completion of, or willingness to complete, Department of Education Title IV training required.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience working in a human or social services related area preferred.
- Previous experience with Title IV and financial aid programs preferred.
- Experience working in a community college or university setting preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has minimal, if any, discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is minimal noise within the environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent atmosphere without close direct supervision.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Typical work schedule is 8:00am – 4:30pm with flexible or extended hours as needed by department demands.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.