Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of American Red Cross CPR/First Aid course content and learning objectives of assigned course(s).
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Multidisciplinary focus and ability to align teaching with the broader goals and objectives within Health Education and the College.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- American Red Cross Trainer certified in CPR/First Aid required. BLS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education or closely related field preferred.
- One – three years of teaching college level courses in the discipline area strongly preferred.
- Experience with learning management systems preferred.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has little, if any discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is light noise within the environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- Job duties may be performed in an independent or a team atmosphere.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Typical work schedule is 8:00am – 4:30pm with flexible or extended hours as needed by department demands.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Mid Michigan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.