Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of the welding industry.
- Knowledge of the welding lab work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work with students in an educational environment.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Associates degree preferred.
- Welding Certification required.
- Two years of experience working in professional welding setting.
- Two years of experience working as a welding instructor.
- Moderate discomfort due to noise, temperature changes, dirt, dust, and the like consistent with a shop environment.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Work scheduled may vary each semester depending on class times/locations.
- Course assignments will be on both campuses, and may include both day and night classes.
- Ability to travel to Harrison and Mt. Pleasant campus locations.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.