Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice, Police, Courts, and Corrections systems.
- Good understanding of colleges, Police Academies, and other related Criminal Justice organizations.
- Good organizational, prioritization, interpersonal, and communication skills; exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong ability to listen to students and instructors to resolve issues and create solutions in difficult situations.
- Is creative and can demonstrate a dynamic teaching style conducive to dual enrolled students.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with significant education in Law Enforcement, state, or local corrections required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years in a criminal justice or corrections background.
Normal classroom and/or laboratory environments with little, if any discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Course assignments will be at Alma High School, but could also include both campuses. Assignments will primarily be during the day, but could also include night classes or courses taught in an online environment, if needed. Ability to travel to Alma High School, Harrison, and Mt. Pleasant campus locations.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.