Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and learning objectives of assigned course(s).
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Multidisciplinary focus and ability to align teaching with the broader goals and objectives of the college.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Associate’s degree in related required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must hold a CPhT, RPh, or PharmD designation.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a community or institutional pharmacy setting required.
- Previous teaching experience at the community college level preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in a classroom environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has little, if any discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is light noise within the environment.
- There may be travel to other college locations for meetings. Travel between campus locations is required.
- Job duties may be performed in an independent or a team atmosphere.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Work scheduled may vary each semester depending on class times/locations.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.