Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with Career Center visitors to determine the assistance they are seeking.
- Create and edit professional documents using computer software and college level writing skills.
- Project a professional image at all times through appropriate conduct, dress, and communication.
- Ability to be a self-starter, taking appropriate initiative on tasks that may not have been assigned, but are necessary.
- Ability to work independently.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current MMCC College Student.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits.
- Experience working in a customer service related field is preferred.
- Some office clerical experience is preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office building environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for Career Center related events.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent and team atmosphere. Continuous collaboration with team and supervisor will occur.
- The job requires minimal physical exertion, such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 25 pounds).
- Minimal discomfort due to heat, dust and noise may occur.
- Work schedule can vary based on needs.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.