Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of mathematics skills and concepts, including Computation, Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Statistics.
- Knowledge of best practices in Math education and learning assistance.
- Ability to work with students/staff/faculty from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency in computer usage, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Calendar, and database interaction (student information system).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to student records.
- Effective presentation, public speaking, and facilitation skills.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- BA/BS degree in Math, Accounting, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in Math, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Prior experience working in a Math Lab or tutoring Math preferred.
- Experience teaching developmental or college-level Math and/or Math-related classes preferred.
- Previous experience in a community college preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has little, if any discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is light noise within the environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings or scheduled work.
- Job duties may be performed in an independent or a team atmosphere.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Typical work schedule is 8:00am – 4:30pm with flexible or extended hours as needed by department demands.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Mid Michigan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.