Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with faculty, administrators and students.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to listen and resolve complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- Problem solving and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast paced environment with accuracy.
- Computer skills and previous work experience using several applications to include word processing, creating and manipulating spreadsheets, posting and navigating websites, and data entry.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Courses in Office, Clerical, or Business related field preferred.
- Some work experience in a retail/office environment preferred.
- 1-2 years retail experience preferred to include point-of-sale, cash reconciliation, cash handling experience, and inventory management software preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office building environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent and team atmosphere. Continuous collaboration with team and supervisor will occur.
- The job requires moderate physical exertion, such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 50 pounds).
- Minimal discomfort due to heat, dust and noise may occur.
- Typical work schedule is 1st Shift 8:00am – 4:30pm with flexible or extended hours as approved by the Director of Auxiliary Services. Work schedule varies during peak selling periods.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Mid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.