Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written format, with various constituencies including students, faculty, administrators, and community members.
- High level of organizational skill and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail through frequent interruptions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Display patience, diplomacy and excellent public relations skill; project professional image.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Analytical ability to identify and resolve a variety of issues or challenges in an effective and timely manner.
- Mental ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities and demands, deal with the concerns of faculty, administrators and students.
- Be flexible in schedule to allow for changes during the semesters, in accordance with busy periods.
- Physical ability to sit/stand and travel, for short – extended periods.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an office setting is preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office building environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent and team atmosphere. Continuous collaboration with team and supervisor will occur.
- The job requires minimal physical exertion, such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 25 pounds).
- Minimal discomfort due to heat, dust and noise may occur.
- Work schedule can vary based on needs.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Mid Michigan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.