Mid Michigan College seeks individuals who: value collegiality and mutual respect; use data in decision making; are innovative; are service minded; are goal oriented; strive to continually improve themselves and their work processes; are willing to collaborate and seek to add value in every interaction.
This position involves preparing for and teaching the range of courses in assigned discipline area to achieve course requirement and student success outcomes. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting, learning lab, online, and field experience including internship, CTE or dual enrollment environment.
Mid is currently looking for qualified applicants to teach both day and evening sections at our Mt. Pleasant campus location, and evening sections at our Harrison campus location.
1. Teaches assigned classroom courses, including safety and environmental issues.
2. Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
3. Participates in the departmental assessment of student learning outcomes at both the course and program level.
4. Maintains welding lab.
5. Utilizes departmental syllabi.
6. Assesses student academic achievement, providing students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
7. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including attendance and grades.
8. Prepares welding lab for classes (e.g., student stations, tools, equipment, supplies, etc.)
9. Assists faculty with the implementation of competency-based objectives and outcome measures for the WLD program and courses taught.
10. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives. Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures support for the Teaching Profession Code of Ethics.
11. Maintains and reports appropriate lab records (e.g. inventory, PROE, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education, Certification, Licensure:
Mid Michigan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.