Mid Michigan College seeks individuals who: value collegiality and mutual respect; use data in decision making; are innovative; are service minded; are goal oriented; strive to continually improve themselves and their work processes; are willing to collaborate and seek to add value in every interaction.
The responsibilities of this position consists of teaching the range of courses in Sociology to students in the community college setting. The position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities may be requires in both traditional and distance education formats. Assignments will be at all campus locations.
1. Teaches assigned classroom courses.
2. Develops and updates syllabi for courses assigned and ensures course content and requirements meet the requirements of college and accreditation agencies.
3. Develops appropriate assessment tools to determine course effectiveness and assures that student outcomes are achieved.
4. Assesses student academic achievement and provides students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
5. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, to include student attendance and grades.
6. Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
7. Maintains regular communication with full-time and adjunct faculty in the assigned departments(s), and the Library and Learning Services area, and Registrar and Retention Services.
8. Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide; serves on college committees as encouraged/assigned.
9. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
10. Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures all communications and practices demonstrate support of the Ethics for Teaching Professionals.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education, Certification, Licensure: