Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Knowledge and understanding of Open Educational Resources (OER) and the ability to use OER as an instructional resource within the classroom.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of course content courses preferred.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom including integration of multi-modal technology.
- Knowledge of learning management systems including the ability to communicate with students, create discussion groups, monitor & report student activity, and record grades on a timely basis.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty, students and administration.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Masters Degree in Economics or Masters Degree in any discipline plus 18 graduate credits in Economics required.
- PhD, EdD, or JD preferred.
- One-three years of teaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.
- Experience working with Moodle preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in a classroom environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The environment has little, if any discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is light noise within the environment.
- There may be travel to other college locations for meetings. Travel between campus locations is required.
- Job duties may be performed in an independent or a team atmosphere.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Work scheduled may vary each semester depending on class times/locations.
Mid Michigan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.