Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of specific course content and the ability to work with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Understanding of tutoring principles and approaches or willingness/ability to learn during training sessions.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to respond to students’ academic concerns in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written format, with various constituencies including students, faculty, administrators, and community members.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of selected course(s) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for all college coursework
- At least (2) positive academic references from faculty or staff familiar with student’s content-area knowledge, study strategies, and communication skills.
- Degree-seeking Mid student enrolled in a minimum of (6) credits preferred
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in an office building environment.
- There may be occasional travel to other college locations for meetings.
- There may be occasional travel for conferences/training.
- Duties are performed in an independent and team atmosphere. Continuous collaboration with team and supervisor will occur.
- The job requires minimal physical exertion, such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 25 pounds).
- Minimal discomfort due to heat, dust and noise may occur.
- Work schedule can vary based on needs.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Mid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.